EVENT IN BRIEF
Blockchain leaders from J.P. Morgan, Microsoft and more gathered at a virtual Forbes event to discuss how recent upgrades to the Ethereum blockchain are improving the technology’s energy consumption, security and public perception. The result? A strong incentive for enterprises to leverage public blockchains to create business value. The opportunities expand beyond tactical benefits like smart contracts and supply chain efficiencies to include strategic initiatives including facilitating Web3 adoption, generating new revenue streams and more.
“Public blockchains and Ethereum… provide fundamentally better infrastructure to run businesses,” said Johann Bornman, Product Lead at MetaMask Institutional, speaking about the benefits of enterprise applications built on a shared distributed ledger.
Watch the full event video below to hear from the following speakers about the value of transitioning from private, institutional blockchains to public blockchains like Ethereum:
- Johann Bornman, Product Lead at MetaMask Institutional
- Paul Brody, Principal & Global Blockchain Leader, Ernst & Young
- Eseoghene Mentie, Technology Advisor, African Blockchain Alliance
- Keerthi Moudgal, Vice President, Onyx Blockchain Launch, J.P. Morgan
- Yorke Rhodes III, Cofounder, Blockchain@Microsoft, Microsoft
- Lex Sokolin, Head Economist, ConsenSys
Read More: news.google.com