!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
PM on single use plastic
We should take a vow that we will not litter, this is the first resolve of Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan. I want to remind you of one more thing which couldn’t be discussed that much because of Corona. We have to definitely rid the nation of single-use plastic.
PM Modi on martyrdom of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur
- On this day, Guru Govind Singh Ji’s mother Mata Gujri Ji embraced martyrdom. About a week back was the day of martyrdom of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji. I had the privilege to pay my obeisance to Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji at Gurudwara Rakab Ganj in Delhi.
- People reverently remember the supreme sacrifice of the family of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. This martyrdom gave a new lesson to the entire humanity & the entire country. This martyrdom did a great work of protecting our civilization. We are indebted to this martyrdom.
PM Modi on Aatmanirbharata
- Due to Corona, the supply chains got disrupted the world over but we learnt new lessons from each crisis. The nation also developed new capabilities. We can call this capability ‘Aatmanirbharata’ or self-reliance.
- Customers too are demanding ‘Made In India’ toys. This is a big change in the thought process. This is a living example of a major transformation in people’s attitude and that too within a period of one year. It’s not easy to gauge this transformation.
- I call upon our manufacturers and industry leaders that when people have taken determined step forward & when the mantra of ‘Vocal for Local’ is resonating in every house, it is time to ensure that our products are world-class.
- The Global best must be manufactured in India. For this, our entrepreneurs and startups must come forward.
PM Modi addresses the nation through his monthly radio programme Mann Ki Baat
This is the 72nd edition of Prime Minister’s monthly radio programme & the last Mann Ki Baat of the year 2020.
Farmers grow onions on protest site
Delhi: Protesting farmers say they’re using Nirankari Samagam ground in Burari to grow crops. “Since we’ve been sitting idle for a month during protests, we thought of growing onions as we can use it for our daily cooking. We’ll grow more crops on Burari ground,” says a farmer. (ANI reports)
Kumbh mela notification by Feb end
The 2021 Kumbh fair, which is to be organised in Haridwar, will be a 48-day-long event. Uttarakhand government will issue the notification for the fair by February end: Uttarakhand Urban Development Minister Madan Kaushik
FPIs pumped in Rs 60,094 crore in Dec so far
- Foreign portfolio investors (FPI) have pumped in a net Rs 60,094 crore into Indian markets in December so far amidst optimism in the global markets.
- According to the depositories data, FPIs invested a net Rs 56,643 crore into equities and Rs 3,451 crore into debt instruments between December 1-24. The total net investment during the period under review stood at Rs 60,094 crore.
India’s Covid-19 tally rises to 1,01,87,850
- With 18,732 new COVID-19 infections, India’s total…